You need to complete all requirements from each of three different areas:
- Entry Level Writing Requirement
(Usually completed at your transfer school by completing a university-level composition course or by an AP exam).
- American History and Institutions
(Admissions needs your high school transcripts to determine satisfaction of requirement).
- UC GPA 2.0 or greater
Need to attend UCD for 35 of your last 45 units and for at least 3 quarters.
- General Education version 3 Requirement (GE3) or completed IGETC
Please verify, during winter quarter, that the College of Biological Sciences, Dean's Office has received a certified copy of your IGETC. Courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- Complete 180 units
Includes transferred courses up to a certain limit. Do not exceed 225 units.
- There are unit limits on many non-course or non-standard activities
Physical activity courses (PHE 1 and 6), Passed/Not Passed graded units, research units, internship units and other non-standard courses.
- Complete at least 64 upper division units in your 180 total units.
- Complete the English Composition requirement. The English Composition requirement may be satisfied in one of two ways:
- Completing 8 units, to include 4 upper division units, in English composition courses with at least a C- or Passed grade from the following list:
- Comparative Literature 1, 2, 3, 4
- English 3
- Native American Studies 5
- University Writing Program (UWP) 1, 18 or 19
- You will also need to complete one upper division course from University Writing Program (UWP) 101, 102A-102L, 104A-104F, or 104I. These courses do not have a community college equivalent.
- Passing the English Composition Examination, administered by the Entry Level Writing program, upon completion of 70 units of degree credit. This examination does not yield credit. Students interested in entering the health science field should check with the Health Sciences Advising Office or the Dean's Office before choosing this option.
- Major courses must be letter-graded. All courses used to satisfy major requirements must be taken for a letter grade unless the course is only offered on a Passed/Not Passed basis.
- Bachelor of Arts students have additional requirements in foreign language and breadth courses.
- Successfully complete all courses required for your major.
- Achieve a minimum of 2.0 GPA in all your major's required courses.
- Achieve a minimum of 2.0 GPA in all your major's depth subject matter courses.
- Reminder: Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade unless the course is offered only on a Passed/Not Passed basis.